dog daycare manager/attendants
- Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operations of the daycare and services to the public.
- Determine staffing requirements, hire and oversee the hiring of staff and manage staff and assign duties.
- Manage scheduling of staff on a weekly basis.
- Clean and disinfect all play areas (kennels, individual lodge areas, open play areas) by removing feces, soiled bedding and leftover food, and washing floors, walls and windows
- Keep cleaning tools (ie. shovels, rakes, garbage cans) clean and in good repair
- Feed/provide water and/or medication to dogs according to a daily schedule
- Observe animals and report any unusual behavior or health concerns
- Exercise and play with dogs
- Must be comfortable with all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- Must be comfortable walking dogs on their own on a leash.
- Front desk duties include:
- Answer inquiries from the public regarding pet care and pet supplies
- Intake of new clients
- End of day cash-out
- Contact dog owners to inform them of any issues.
- Dog care attendants may work entirely indoors in our 4,100sqft facilities, or outdoors in all weather conditions walking the dogs.
- Attendants must be able to tolerate unpleasant odors and not mind getting dirty.
- Required to restrain animals as well as lift and carry light or heavy animals and cages that weigh over 45lbs.
- There may be a risk of occasionally being bitten or scratched.
- Work shifts include weekend and holiday hours.
Skills & Abilities
- Reliable and alert
- Gentle, quiet and patient with animals
- Able to control animals
- Physically fit
- Good observational skills
- Written communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Managers should enjoy having clear rules and guidelines for their work, and caring for animals.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to motivate and lead staff
- Good business sense
- The ability to work well under pressure and deal with unexpected situations calmly and effectively
- The ability to get along with all kinds of people.
Wages vary depending on the experience of applicant.
**All chosen Applicants will provide a police clearance. See link for details**